Stone Soup 2016 a success
Our fourth annual Stone Soup event happened on March 15, 2016. It was held in downtown Winnipeg at Manitoba Hydro Place during the lunch hour. We raised thousands of dollars in support of nutrition programs for Manitoba children!
At this fundraiser, a dozen chefs prepared tasty soup in support of nutrition programs in schools. All funds raised at the event went directly to breakfast, snack, and lunch programs in Manitoba schools.
The 12 amazing chefs for our 2016 event were from:
- 529 Wellington
- Clay Oven
- Feast Café Bistro
- FrenchWay Cafe
- In Ferno’s Bistro
- Louis Riel Arts & Technology Centre’s Culinary Arts Program
- Red River College School of Hospitality and Culinary Arts
- Rudy’s Eat & Drink
- SMITH Restaurant
- Sydney’s at the Forks
- The Tallest Poppy
Irene Nordheim was the emcee for the event. A panel of judges chose their favourite soups at the event. Thank you to our emcee and panel of celebrity judges:
- Siobhan Vinish, Senior VP, Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, MB Hydro
- Carolyn Duhamel, former Executive Director, Manitoba School Board Association
- Sarah Lipinski, “Assistant to Downtown Peggy”
- Lindsay Mackenzie, Senior Communications Officer, CBC Manitoba
Congratulations to the winning Stone Soup 2016 chefs!
- Judge’s Choice: SMITH – Nick Paquin ” Sweet Corn and Goat Cheese Veloute”
- People’s Choice: RED RIVER COLLEGE – Karl Oman & students “Mushroom Trio w/ Gnocchi”
We thank all of the chefs who donated their time and talent to support our cause. We also thank all supporters who came out to enjoy lunch with us while helping ensure that school children in Manitoba have access to nutritious foods that help them learn.
Save the Date: Stone Soup 2017
Do you want to get involved in our Stone Soup 2017 event, scheduled for March 22, 2017, at Manitoba Hydro Place in Winnipeg? We are looking for sponsors who want to help make this event a great success.
Connect with us through email or by phone at 204.414.4453.
Our incredible 2016 Stone Soup partners:
Our incredible 2016 Stone Soup supporters: