Applications and Reports
- grant eligibility;
- guiding principles; or
- the application process
Applying for Funding for School Breakfast, Snack and Lunch Programs
Schools in Manitoba can apply for funding to provide nourishment to students. Schools need to apply by April 15th to be considered for funding for the following school year.
We notify schools of our funding decision in late summer. Schools that receive funding are required to:
- submit an interim report by January 15th;
- submit a final year-end report by July 15th;
- submit copies of their receipts by July 15th; and
- make themselves available to receive a site visit from our team of registered dietitians during the school year.
Our funding is made possible through generous funding from the Province of Manitoba, The Winnipeg Foundation, and other donors. Our funding is meant to be used mainly for food purchases.
Summer Academic Programs
NOTE: The Council is not currently accepting new applications.
Application for the 2020-2021 School Year
- Applications are due April 15th of each year.
You can download our PDF fact sheets on:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Guiding Principles
- Calculating Food Costs
- Dates & Deadlines
- Dates & Deadlines – Summer Programs
- All funded programs must submit an Interim Report, due January 15th of each year. The 2020-21 Interim Report can be found here.
- Year-End Reports are due July 15th of each year. The 2020-2021 Year-End Report can be found here.
- We send out grant payments in two installments.
- We send the first in September (around the 15th) and the second in February (around the 15th).
- If your program is not able to complete the Interim Report by January 15th, the second grant may be delayed.