Nutrition Month and Upcoming Application Deadline
March is the gateway to spring – or at least it should be! Whether you are seeing warmer weather or not these days, there is still a lot to be excited about. This month, we are pleased to highlight some of Dietitians of Canada’s exciting nutrition month resources for you.
If you are a nutrition program coordinator or administrator, we would also like to remind you to take note of our upcoming grant application and evaluation deadline April 15th.
Simply Cook and Enjoy!
Last year Dietitians of Canada focused on busting food myths. This year they are helping us all learn to enjoy cooking and putting together healthy meals. Included below are tips on saving money and time, and some inspiring and interactive food resources:
- Budget Friendly Cooking: Make the most of your funding by reducing waste and making economical ingredient decisions. Don’t short cut on quality – be budget smart instead.
- Healthy Convenience Foods: Check out this fact sheet for time saving ideas.
- Eatwise: instant nutrition information on any food (fresh, whole, prepared or packaged!). Download eatwise for your phone and be informed while you shop.
- Cookspiration meal ideas for any time of day – another instant feedback resource.
Grant Application and Year End Evaluation Deadline – April 15th
Whether you are applying for the first time or for the fifth, we would love to help you fill out your application forms. Please contact us for assistance at any time. Also, please note that:
- If you received a nutrition program grant from us for the 2013-2014 school year, please ensure that you complete the Combined Application and Year End Report for Returning Programs by April 15th. Ensure that you include copies of relevant receipts.
- If you are a new applicant, please complete the Application for New Programs by April 15th.
- Funds are for programs in operation during school hours.
Stay connected with us this month on Facebook and Twitter, for resources and ideas to help maintain your program. And don’t forget to check out our Fruit and Vegetable of the month and Feature Program
(In case you haven’t already guessed, this month’s vegetable is Broccoli!)