Stone Soup 2017
Join us for our fifth annual Stone Soup fundraiser!
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Manitoba Hydro Place Gallery, 360 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg
11:15am to 1:15pm
Come taste some amazing soups by our featured chefs and helps us celebrate the community coming together in support of the health and well-being of school children and youth.
Make a donation (minimum $10). Donations of $20 and over are eligible for a tax receipt.
- Pick up three vouchers for your soup samples.
- Get one ballot to vote for your favourite soup.
- Enjoy bread, water, and fruit provided by our chefs and sponsors.
You can make a donation at the event or online here.
Your donation helps provide children and teens in Manitoba schools with healthy meals and snacks every day through non-profit nutrition programs. Every nutrition program is a safe space where kids can find encouragement, get to know friendly adults, learn about nutrition, gain food skills and volunteer credits, and come together with other kids of various ages and backgrounds.
How much should I donate?
- $100 ensures that one student won’t lose energy and focus mid-morning or mid-afternoon because of hunger.
A healthy snack will be on the way!
- $75 introduces one student to the healthy habit of eating one fruit or vegetable snack every day.
- $50 helps provide lunch for one student for one month.
- $20 means breakfast for one child for one month.
Consider making a larger gift—$200 provides one student with breakfast every day.
Our event will be emceed by CBC’s Information Radio host Marcy Markusa.
The 12 soups will be in the running for a special prize. The winning soup will be chosen by our four celebrity judges. Find out more about our volunteer judges here.
Soup prepared on March 22 by:
- 17 Wing
- 529 Wellington
- Argyle Alternative High School
- The Clay Oven
- Feast Cafe Bistro
- Frenchway Cafe
- Popp Chocolates
- Red River School of Hospitality and Culinary Arts
- Resto 12 Restaurant at the Radisson
- The Royal Winnipeg Ballet
- Sous Sol
Do you want to sponsor this event? Download a sponsorship package.
As a sponsor, your support will help us nourish more than 22,000 Manitoba students this year! We recognize sponsors on our website, through social media, on our event poster, on signage at the event, and also in our annual report for 2016-2017.
You can also feel free to email us or call us at 204.414.4453 to talk about getting involved in our fundraiser.
Thank you SO MUCH to all our partners and sponsors for helping us to nourish Manitoba students!
We are so pleased that Radio Noon will be on site again this year with CBC’s Information Radio host, Marcy Markusa, as the Stone Soup Event EMCEE.
Our event sponsors, supporters, and partners