Applications and Reports
- grant eligibility;
- guiding practices; or
- the application process
Applying for funding for school food programs
Schools in Manitoba can apply for funding to provide nourishment to children and teens. Schools need to apply by April 15, 2017, to be considered for funding.
We notify schools of our funding decision in late summer. To remain in good standing, schools that receive funding need to:
- submit an interim report by January 15th;
- submit a final year-end evaluation in July;
- keep their receipts; and
- make themselves available to receive a site visit from our team of registered dietitians during the school year.
Our funding is made possible through generous funding from the Province of Manitoba, The Winnipeg Foundation, the CIBC, and other donors. Our funding is meant to be used mainly for food purchases.
Funding for the 2017-2018 school year
The application deadline for the 2017-2018 school year is April 15, 2017. You can access the application here.
You can download our PDF fact sheets on:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Guiding Principles
- Calculating Food Costs
- Dates & Deadlines
- Dates & Deadlines – Summer Programs
- All funded programs must submit an Interim Report, due January 15th of each year.
- The online Interim Report for the 2016-2017 year is available here.
- All current funded programs must complete the online Year-End Evaluation by July 15, 2017.
- The Year-End Evaluation will be available online by April 2017.
- We send out grant payments in two installments.
- We send the first in September (around the 15th) and the second in February (around the 15th).
- If your school does NOT complete it’s Interim Report by January 15th, your second grant cheque may be delayed.