Applications and Reports
- grant eligibility;
- guiding principles; or
- the application process
Applying for Funding for School Breakfast, Snack and Lunch Programs
Schools in Manitoba can apply for funding to provide nourishment to students. Schools need to apply by April 15th to be considered for funding for the following school year.
We notify schools of our funding decision in late summer. Schools that receive funding are required to:
- submit an interim report by January 15th;
- submit a final year-end report by July 15th;
- submit copies of their receipts by July 15th; and
- make themselves available to receive a site visit from our team of registered dietitians during the school year.
Our funding is made possible through generous funding from the Province of Manitoba, The Winnipeg Foundation, and other donors. Our funding is meant to be used mainly for food purchases.
Application for the 2018-2019 School Year
The deadline for the 2018-2019 school year has now passed. The next intake of applications will be on April 15th, 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year.
You can download our PDF fact sheets on:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Guiding Principles
- Calculating Food Costs
- Dates & Deadlines
- Dates & Deadlines – Summer Programs
- All funded programs must submit an Interim Report, due January 15th of each year.
- The Interim Report for the 2018-2019 school year will be available online in December 2019.
- Year-End Reports are due July 15th, 2018.
- You can access the Year-End Report for the 2017-2018 school year here.
- If you would like to review the questions before completing the online form, you can access a pdf copy of the questions here.
- We send out grant payments in two installments.
- We send the first in September (around the 15th) and the second in February (around the 15th).
- If your school does NOT complete the Interim Report by January 15th, your second grant cheque may be delayed.