Career Opportunity with CNCM!
Uncategorized | Comments Off on Career Opportunity with CNCM! | Apr 28, 2016
The Child Nutrition Council of Manitoba (CNCM) invites applications for the position of
Reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors, The Executive Director will:
- Provide leadership and support to facilitate the planning and decision-making of the Board of Directors in pursuit of the organization’s mission and the strategic priorities and goals established by the Board;
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the organization’s finances including budget development, monitoring of financial operations and reporting to the Board and funders as required;
- Guide and supervise a team of professionals responsible for the provision of support and mentorship to staff and volunteers in funded programs;
- Implement and maintain effective data collection mechanisms for tracking, evaluating and reporting of program progress;
- Actively initiate and respond to dialogue which can increase awareness and partnership opportunities with community and corporate stakeholders, for the betterment of the program capacity of the Council:
- Liaise with and report to all major funding partners in accordance with the terms of established partnership agreements;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with schools and school boards throughout Manitoba to address nutrition program issues in the school environment;
- Identify and make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding new program funding needs, challenges, opportunities and associated resources;
- Represent and act as spokesperson with CNCM’s funders, partners, colleagues, community stakeholders and the media.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in education, the social sciences or a related field OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success in organizational leadership, team building capacity, project management, financial management and stakeholder relationships.
- Experience and working knowledge of the not-for-profit sector, including commitment to the issues of food security and social justice.
- Knowledge of fund raising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with volunteers, staff and community partners and funders
- Demonstrated computer literacy including word processing, presentation development, database management, financial spreadsheet maintenance and reports development.
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
This is a permanent full–time position which requires regular travel throughout the province.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with Manitoba’s nonprofit sector.
Application deadline is May 16, 2016. Applications may be submitted to:
Executive Director Search
Child Nutrition Council of Manitoba
191 Provencher Boulevard
For complete Executive Director job description click here.