December in Manitoba
Uncategorized | Comments Off on December in Manitoba | Dec 15, 2014
Happy holidays everyone!
We are so thankful for the incredible work that our community and school nutrition programs have done this year, nourishing over 20,000 children and youth. During the month of December, we wish everyone a season of joy and giving, rest and rejuvenation.
Before you go, take a look through our gift ideas, updates and festive snack ideas below.
Give the gift of nourishment: Donate to the Child Nutrition Council
- Our yearly giving campaign has begun! Give a gift this winter that nourishes bodies and minds across Manitoba. Make a donation to theCouncil’s Stone Soup fund in honour of a friend, family member or co-worker. Donations are tax deductible and your friend can attend Stone Soup!
December update for programs:
- If you are a nutrition program coordinator, don’t forget that Interim Reports are due on January 15th, 2015. The form is available on our website.
Using spices to make everyday snacks and meals festive:
- A sprinkle of cinnamon is a perfect on apples, pears, bananas and yogurt.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger to any healthy muffin recipe.
- Super Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bites: Cut pumpkin (peeled) or sweet potatoes into cubes. Put into baking dish and drizzle with a small amount of oil. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Add a spoon of water for extra moisture. Cover with foil and bake at 400F for 35-45 minutes (or until soft). Serve hot or cool, alone or with milk, yogurt, almonds, oatmeal or granola!